When selling your property first impressions really do count. From our years of experience, we have put together the following list of items that can help your create a positive first impression.
- Declutter your home. People want to be able to visualise how their own furniture would fit into your space. A cluttered home can distract people from seeing how they can adapt to your property.
- Clean your home. A clean home will give people that the home has been looked after by the current owners.
- Consider the person whom could buy your property. If your home is aimed at a family, having some toys around is fine but remove them if your property is suited to young professionals.
- Talk to your estate agent early. The sooner you talk to your estate agent the better. Their advice can help you prepare your property for sale.
- Get a BER Cert: BER Certs are now compulsory to sell a property. They can also help potential buyers make a decision on which property best suits their needs.
- Talk to your Solicitor: It is important to engage with your solicitor early. Their advice can help you foresee any problems that could potentially cause a sale to fall through. Planning issues and septic tank issues are the main reasons for a sale not to go ahead.
- Talk to your Bank. Talk to your bank to ensure you are in a position to sell your home.
- Do any repairs. Doing what repairs you can present your house in the best possible light.
- Ensure the house is warm: Consider when people will be viewing your home. Turning on the heating or lighting are very welcoming to potential viewers of your property.
- Neutral Colors. Most people paint their properties in neutral colors. To appeal to the majority of people it is best to present your property in neutral colors.
- Don’t overprice or undervalue your property. If you overprice your property, you could put off potential buyers from viewing your property. Underpricing is a tactic used by some estate agents to gain interest in a property. You must be careful using this tactic, as people may believe there are problems with the property and may enquire at all about the property. An estate agent can advise you of the best price to get interest from the right type of buyers.
Remember, first impressions really do count. Work with your estate agent to present your property in the best possible way.